Providing Services to People with Disabilities
Ursel Phillips Fellows Hopkinson LLP is committed to excellence in serving all clients including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by clients with disabilities while accessing our goods and services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability
We welcome people with disabilities and their services animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Fees will not be charged for support persons.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for clients with disabilities at 555 Richmond Street West, Suite 1200, Toronto, Ontario, Ursel Phillips Fellows Hopkinson LLP will notify clients promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
Please see Appendix "A" attached for examples of such notices and processes.
The notice will be placed:
- On our website
- On our main office doors on the 12th floor, 555 Richmond Street West, Toronto, Ontario
- With the agreement of building management, on the main doors of our office building
Training for Staff
Ursel Phillips Fellows Hopkinson LLP will provide training to employees, and others who deal with the public or other third parties on their behalf.
Individuals in the following positions will be trained:
- Office Manager
- Permanent Support Staff
This training will be provided to staff on or before March 31, 2012 for existing staff and within 3 months of the date of hire for new hires.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Act, 2005 and the requirements of the client service standard.
- Ursel Phillips Fellows Hopkinson LLP’s plan related to the client service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Ursel Phillips Fellows Hopkinson LLP’s services
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to your plan.
Clients who wish to provide feedback on the wayUrsel Phillips Fellows Hopkinson LLP provides services to people with disabilities can send an e-mail directly to our office manager email@example.com.
All feedback will be directed to Susan Ursel, Partner. Clients can expect to hear back in 14 days. Complaints will be addressed according to our organizations’ regular complaint management procedures.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of Ursel Phillips Fellows Hopkinson LLP that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.